2016 Fall Retreat
Dates: October 7-9, 2016
Times: Arrive at 6 pm; pick up at 12 pm
Who: 7th - 12th graders
Cost: $65 for one student, $110 for two students, and $150 for three students / family
Location: Greenview Bible Camp, 520 Chapel Lane, Fivepointville, PA 17517
NOTE: Students should be dropped off at Greenview at 6 pm Friday and picked up at Greenview by noon Sunday
Fall Retreat Packing Checklist
Stuff to Bring
- A fantastic attitude and a desire to draw near to God
- Bible, pen, notebook, etc.
- Casual clothing for three days, something darker for Friday night game
- Sweatshirt or jacket - we will be outside some at night and it will cool off
- Towel, washcloth, soap and shampoo
- Sneakers, maybe a backup pair as the grass will be wet in the morning
- Sleeping bag (or bedding)
- Personal hygiene items
- Optionally - work gloves for our service project, sports gear (football, frisbee, etc.), games, small flashlight
Stuff Not to Bring
- Tobacco, drugs, alcohol or weapons
- You get the idea!
With the busyness of school, sports, family and just life, we want to take a weekend away from our fast-paced life and retreat. This year we will be retreating to Greenview Bible Camp. We hope this retreat is a significant event in the spiritual lives of our students. We want them to slow down and focus on their walk with their Creator. The weekend will consist of fun, friends, games, food, worship, being in God's Word, and much more. Our worship time will feature some guest musicians from LBC!
The theme of the weekend is EXCHANGE. We all make exchanges all the time - exchanging money for Chick-fil-A, exchanging sleep for texting, etc. Much of life is about making exchanges. Growing in your faith is about exchanges too. We will be talking about four essential Exchanges of growing in your faith.
Registration is closed.